Maplewood Grange #662 was opened on January 27, 2019, and the meeting was called to order by Master, Dan Keeley at 4:30pm.
The following Guest(s) present: None Visitation: None Members acting Pro-Tem: None
Roll Call (Secretary): ”*” indicates NOT in attendance. ** Absentee Members
Master: Dan Keeley Steward: Felipe Gonzalez *
Overseer: Don Sether * Asst. Steward: Mike Ellis *
Lecturer: Sandy Shew * Lady Asst. Steward: Katie Gonzalez *
Chaplain: Kathie Femrite Gatekeeper: JoAnn Keeley
Secretary: Betty Chipps Pomona: Sandy Shew *
Treasurer: Vicki Pounds Ceres: Judi Aus *
Member: Laura Ellis * Flora: (vacant)
Member: Ken Fessler *
Member: John Keeley * Executive Committee
Members: Jack and Priscilla Weaver (Canby) ** #1 Felipe Gonzalez *
Member: Adin Hester (California) ** #2 JoAnn Keeley
Member: Stacie Bernert (OR City) ** #3 Sandy Shew *
Member: JoAnn Lee (OR City) **
Member: Joyce (Olivier) Urnaut (Sandy) **
***** Members present: 5, Guests: 0, Youth: 0 ***** (Mandatory – Quorum “7”)
PROPOSALS for MEMBERSHIP
Dan Keeley has two potential people who dance Zumba that might be interested in Membership: Chrispina Orozco and daughter, Mariela Caserez. Mariela is a Senior in High School and if she joins, she could apply for a Grange Scholarship. Another benefit is Zumba will be informed on current events.
MINUTES: (Secretary) December 2, 2018 minutes - to be completed. NOTE: August 26, 2018 minutes pending.
Oregon State Grange (OSG) - October/November OSG Bulletin mailed.
January 11, 2019 Correspondence from DISTRICT 4 (given to Master, Dan)
- Request: provide Grange picture and historic information (i.e. Organized 1925) - for sharing at Molalla St. Convention.
January 19, 2019 Correspondence from Maryssa Yager at Warner Grange
- Request for donations to place Cuddle Cots in rural hospitals too.
- Please attend Dinner and Auction Fundraiser at Warner Grange, Saturday, April 13, 2019 at 5:00pm
December 18, 2018 Correspondence from Susan Noah, Master, OSG enclosed:
- 4th Quarter 2018 Report
- Audit Procedure guidelines
- Community Service Report Form - return to Liz Dehne, Community Service Director (due June 2019)
November 7. 2018 Correspondence from Frank Patron “somewhere in California” (given to Dan 12/2/18)
- Real Estate property sales solicitation.
October 30, 2018 Correspondence from Susan Noah, Master, OSG contained:
- OSG 2019 Subordinate/Community Grange Roster (due 12/1/2018) - delivered 12/9/18 at OSG Open House.
Treasurer’s Report: (Vicki Pounds)
Checking beginning balance was $10,307.12, income of $1,370, expenses of $1,026.05 for an ending balance of $10,651.07. Vicki also presented a full year 2018 Income/Expense summary: Income of $9,685, expense was $8,535.23 which resulted in an annual income earnings of $1,149.77.
As Audit preparation, Vicki questioned whether she should request check copies from Wells Fargo (though not a free service). Yes, please obtain check copies.
Grange water was tested again - it did not pass, just a hair above drinking water federally-set standards.
Dan will go to our neighbor, Carol Yoder, and ask to test the water table at neighbor’s residence. If their test passes, perhaps at the Grange, we’re dealing with old pipe leaks - could mean approximately 150 ft. of pipe to replace.
OLD BUSINESS - Building Improvement and Maintenance
- BALLROOM FLOOR SEALING (Dan Keeley): Project on hold till warm weather.
- SOUTH-WEST WALL RE-SIDING (Dan Keeley): OSG Matching Grant was received. Project on hold till warm weather.
- EXHAUST HOODS for OVER KITCHEN STOVES (Dan Keeley): Project on-hold. Can target for OSG Matching Grant Program Funds another year.
Treasurer - Bills/Receipts: (Dan Keeley)
Expense reimbursement to Dan Keeley, including Flag Pole expense of $35, amounts to $150 - $170. Bill reimbursement requires a quorum to approve and will be presented at February meeting.
POMONA GRANGE presents, at 1:00 pm, a learning seminar at Maplewood Grange, Sunday, FEBRUARY 10, 2019.
Ed Luttrell will speak on Membership growth. NOTE: Seminar cancelled due to weather snow and ice.
Things to be done:
1. Hall heated, set-up chairs and podium(s).
2. Snacks, Cookies, and fingers foods served in the Foyer.
AURORA Airport Expansion report filing deadline was missed - needed in order to proceed with expansion.
Senator Jeff Merkley holds a Town Hall Meeting at 1:00pm on Monday, January 21, 2019 (MLK day). A police presence was at the Town Hall Meeting.
Meeting Adjourned: at 5:52pm by Dan Keeley. Respectfully Submitted,
Next Meeting: Sunday, FEB 24, 2019 Betty B. Chipps,
(Potluck 3:30pm, Meeting 4:30pm) Secretary
Page 2 of 2