Aurora, ORTuesday, 11/24/2015
The regular meeting of Maplewood Grange #662 was held on the above date. The Grange opened with potluck at 6:30pm, the meeting was called to order, by Dan Keeley, at 7:25PM.
Guest(s) present: None Visitation: None
Roll Call: (Secretary) : “*” indicates NOT in attendance.
Positions Vacant (due to resignations)
Master: Dan Keeley Overseer (vacated by Rick Zacher)
Steward: Ken Fessler Lecturer (vacated by Jerrie Hogan)
Treasurer: Kathie Femrite Asst. Steward (vacated by Bob Timm)
Secretary: Betty Chipps Lady Asst. Steward (LAS) (vacated by Margaret Timm)
Member: Vicki Pounds Chaplain (vacated by Larry Payne)
Ceres: Judi Aus * Gate Keeper: Not assigned
Pomona: Sandy Shew * Flora: (vacated by Rosalee Schiewe)
Member: Scott Tiedtke *
Exec. Comm.: Exec. Comm.:
1. Don Sether * 2. (vacated by Jim Akin)
**** Members present: 5, Guests: 0, Youth: 0 (Mandatory – Quorum “7”)
Members acting Pro-Tem: (not assigned)
Minutes of the October 27, 2015 meeting, were not available (tabled till next meeting).
Secretary, Betty Chipps, reports the 2015 Q3 Quarterly Report was submitted and included a revision/edit to July 2015 number of members attending was 6 members (not 5 members as reported and approved at the September 27th meeting).
Proposals for Membership: (none)
Standing Committees Reports:
- Legislative : (vacated by Jim Akin)
- Women’s Activities: (No representative assigned)
- Youth: (No representative assigned)
- Junior: (No representative assigned)
- Community Service: (vacated by Margaret Timm)
- Deaf Awareness: (vacated by Jerrie Hogan)
- Membership: Dan Keeley
Other standing Committees:
- Agriculture (Ken Fessler): Nothing to Report.
- Custodian: (No representative assigned) Betty reported the women’s toilet (nearest the sink) clogged at the Chaps and Petticoats dance on November 6th. A five-gallon pail of water and a plunger corrected the clog upon the second flushing. The Custodial decision, for now, was left informal. Some custodial duties were divided-up (temporarily):
- Vicki feels she can take on some maintenance/fixer issues (like foyer tiles),
- Dan will monitor/maintain the plumbing and paper products,
- and Betty volunteer to vacuum the stairwells.
- Education (Dan Keeley): Nothing to Report.
- Grange Womens Activities (GWA): (No representative assigned)
- Hall Rental (Dan Keeley): We have a renter in January at end-of-month.
- Historian: (No representative assigned)
- Literary Program: (No representative assigned)
- Fund Raiser (Scott Tiedtke):
- FFA Scholarship Committee (Judi Aus, & Dan Keeley) Opens back up in Jan. 2016.
From: Subject: (NONE)
Secretary (Betty Chipps):
Betty advised the 3rdQ 2015 Report to the Pomona/State Grange was delinquent (due to mother’s auto accident and attention required).
Betty advised there are many materials, awaiting her review, in the Secretary’s file box (inherited).
Treasurer (Kathie Femrite):
Bills: INFO: Normal operating expenses paid, without a monthly motion.
Treasurer report on file, (available upon request).
Kathie reported three (3) rents were deposited and two regular operating expenses (PGE and Canby Disposal) were remit in the month. Additionally a check was issued to the State Grange last month for 3rdQ 2015 Report in the amount of $284.25, leaving an ending balance in the Wells Fargo Checking of $6,049.13.
Reflected on the first month’s Checking statement was a $5 (manual statement) fee – this was to have been reversed by the bank since we did enroll in online banking. Either our online registration was not timely, or the reversal has yet to catch up with the paperwork...Kathie will monitor.
Deposits received thus far include: Church $200, and Valley River Dancers $90 (for New Years Eve rental). Expense reimbursements are needed for replenishing Paper towels and Light Bulbs. Ken Fessler motion that expenses be paid, Betty seconded, motion carried/approved.
Kathie has not yet gone completely through the Treasurer file paper received from Margaret Timm. Vicki recommended, since the change in Treasurer (checking account) and Secretary positions, a “peer” audit was standard procedure and would preserve reputations of both outgoing and incoming officers. Vicki volunteered to head up such an audit. Recommendation was well received.
Discussion regarding the Checking account: Separate passwords should-have-been provided for Kathie Femrite and Dan Keeley.
Potential change in Grange Meeting Date was studied and left the same for now: Each 4th TUESDAY of Month.
Members should think about a new date and come prepared to discuss at the next meeting.
Projects Dan will tackle in the near future:
- Fix electrical problem in Grange attic – related to outside light intermittent outages.
- Outside parking lot needs grated/smoothed out.
Betty will shop around for Dry-Erase board(s) – to aid in jotting down quick projects, or noting supplies needed.
Betty suggests an Inventory List of Supplies be created ... a checklist for items needing replenished.
Good of the Order
Committee on Relief - Dan reported member Sandy Shew is no longer in distress.
New single use Rental Rates: both floors $350, one floor $200 (Old rates: $450 both floors, $150 one floor).
Maplewood Square dance Lessons Rate: $30 (either floor)
Maplewood Square dance Renters Rate: $60 (both floors)
Other Square Dance Club Rate: $90 (both floors – for the day)
Betty outlined the following “Planning Calendar” business matters needing attention:
Oct. Discuss officers to be elected next meeting.
Nov. Officer Elections - report to State Grange (no lecturer program)
- Dan will review current By-Laws ... Re: Rolling current officers (continuing into the new year).
- Betty will email, meeting attendees, the By-laws.
Discuss Yearly 5% to dogs for the deaf.
Dec. Discuss nominees for:
- Clackamas Co. Pomona Grange Lifetime Service Award (min. 25 year member)
- Clackamas Co. Pomona Grange Outstanding Granger of the year award (4th degree in good standing). – March 1st
- Oregon State Grange Community Involvement Volunteer of the Year Award (Community Service). – March 1st.
The Grange Meeting closed at 8:15 PM.