- Grange Salutation (with hand motions)
- Welcoming Ceremony
Members acting Pro-Tem: Steward, Christy Dumolt; Asst. Steward, Frances "Bud" Dumolt; Lady Asst. Steward, Leila Dumolt, Gatekeeper, Sabra Miller; _ _ _ _ _ _, Sarah Kingsborough (aka: Pomona Sheriff);
Flora, ___________, Pomona, _____________, Ceres, _____________.
The following Guest(s) present - 15 Pomona Grangers: Visitation: (none)
Roll Call (Secretary): Maplewood (10) ”*” indicates NOT in attendance.
Master: Dan Keeley Overseer: Don Sether
Steward: Ken Fessler * Asst. Steward: Mike Ellis * Asst. Steward: Mike Ellis * Chaplain: Laura Ellis
Lady Asst. Steward: (vacant) Gatekeeper: (vacant)
Lecturer: Sandy Shew Pomona: Sandy Shew
Secretary: Betty Chipps Ceres: Judi Aus *
Treasurer: Kathie Femrite (resignation given) Flora: (vacant)
(pending) Treasurer: Vicki Pounds Executive Committee
Member: JoAnn Keeley #1 (vacant
Members: Felipe Gonzalez and Katie Gonzalez #2 (vacant)
POMONA Visitation Roll Call (Secretary): Grange members in attendance:
Abernethy (none), Beavercreek (5), Boring (0), Clarkes (5), Eagle Creek (0), Frogpond (1), Garfield (0), Harding (0), Milwaukie (0), Molalla (0), Redland (0), Springwater (1), Sunnyside (0), Sandy (0), Warner (3).
***** Roll call has been taken ==================================================================================
***** Members present: 10, Pomona Guests: 15, Youth: 0 ***** (Mandatory – Quorum “7”)
PROPOSALS for MEMBERSHIP: (none)
Charter was draped: (none)
MINUTES (Secretary) February 26, 2017 meeting minutes were printed and available.
Dan Keeley asked for a motion to approve the minutes. Motioned was made to accept the minutes, seconded, motion passed.
Oregon State Grange (OSG)
March 21, 2017 Correspondence from Susan Noah, Master, OSG
- 2017 1st Quarter Report - Maplewood Grange, due April EOM 2017
- NEW Supply Order Form (revised 2.2017 - Nat'l Recognition Awards prices changed)
- NEW Membership Recognition Form (for 50 & 75 Year Certificates)
- FLYER: "Keeping Oregon Warm" 2017 - bring to OSG Convention June 24-20, Florence
March 28, 2017 Correspondence from Susan Noah, Master, OSG - Healthy Grange Workshops - May 7th
- Abernethy Grange, 15745 S. Harley Avenue, Oregon City 97045
March 30, 2017 Correspondence from Susan Noah, Master, OSG (all below due 05/01/17)
- CHARLES E. SPENCE Scholarship Application - Grange Member Award $500
- GRANGE WORKERS ACTIVITIES (GWA) Scholarship Application - College Student
- MARY HELEN SAUTER RAMM Memorial Scholarship Application - Female Student Award $200
- Marcel "MUZZY" MANDEL Memorial Scholarship (Grange members or child/grandchild of Member)
April 4, 2017 Correspondence from Susan Noah, Master, OSG
- Check $66.33 representing Maplewood's LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP and MEMORIAL share of interest-2016
Clackamas Pomona #1
- 2017 POMONA/COUNTY ROSTER (distributed 3/26/17 at Maplewood Grange Meeting)
- Clackamas County/POMONA Grange Memo/Info (dated 4/6/17) from POMONA Grange Secretary, Sandi Ludi
Note: JULY Pomona Meeting, July 22nd (SAT) at Frogpond Grange, Wilsonville
- OREGON STATE GRANGE CONVENTION: June 24-29 (SAT-THURS) in Florence, OR
- BORING/DAMASCUS GRANGE September 23 (SAT) Meeting and 5th Degree offered
- Annual (151st) NATIONAL GRANGE CONVENTION: November 7-11 (TUES-SAT) in Spokane, WA
Note: Celebrates Nat'l Grange 150th Anniversary - 6th and 7th Degree offered
CLACKAMAS COUNTY FAIR and "EVENT CENTER" - March 14, 2107 Correspondence from Deborah Guinther
- AG/Community invitation and Entry Form (deadline 07/15/17)
TREASURER Report: (Kathie Femrite)
Kathie indicated no report. Dan Keeley reported Kathie was resigning her position as Treasurer and our newly elected Treasurer, is Vicki Pounds. Bank paperwork for Vicki as check signer is pending.
OLD BUSINESS (Dan Keeley)
- Entrance Signs: Another signage frame has been fabricated facing East and another Maplewood Grange sign ordered. Dan will apply for reimbursement under Signage Reimbursement Program that funds up-to 1/2 costs up to $350).
- Thermostat: A relay broke to the thermostat - replacement has been ordered. Wolfer's Heating called out to repair.
- Roofing on the North side of the Grange: A to-do project as more/different screws are needed.
Agriculture (Ken Fessler):
Dan Keeley: April 29-30, 2017 is AG FEST at Oregon State Fairgrounds - volunteers needed.
Education (Dan Keeley): Dan advised schools are still in session - be watchful for sport events and activities.
Grange Workers Activities (vacant):
Lecturer (Sandy Shew): No report
Legislative (Dan Keeley): Dan Keeley reported SB 181 has passed the Senate and is at the House of Representatives. SB 181 adds "teeth" by introducing a penalty of up-to 5-years back taxes if exemption status is denied. INFO: Senate bill 181 requires certain non-profit organization seeking property tax exemptions to file corporation/information paperwork to support exemption claim.
Don Sether said a lot of Grangers fundraise currently in order to afford property taxes in the US.
Both Dan and Don encouraged us to "voice" your opinion to help "defeat" the bill.
Dan suggests: search OR Legislative Information System online to find Senate/House Bill information.
Other INFO: HB 2937-requires additional dwelling permits for accessory dwelling on land zoned exclusive farm use. Representative Julie Parrish supports HB 3428 - that moves public employees onto Obamacare.
Membership (Betty Chipps): Master, Dan Keeley, gave the following Grange introductions and "Welcome" to new members:
- JoAnn Keeley
- Felipe and Katie Gonzalez
Rental (Dan Keeley): Future rental will include a "Molly Hardin" music concert on May 13th.
Veterans (Sandy Shew): no report
Youth (Don Sether): no report
UNFINISHED BUSINESS (Dan Keeley)
On April 2nd, Oregon Federation of Square and Round Dance Club (OFSRDC) hosted at Maplewood Grange an Education Scholarship fundraiser for youth. The organization requested Maplewood "donate" the rental cost of $60.
Vicki Pounds moved that Maplewood donate the rental fee, Betty Chipps seconded, motion carried.
Maintenance (Dan Keeley):
Stage lighting needs to be replaced, estimate is $200: includes Track lighting, Dimmer, Plug-ins, etc.
Don Sether moved to accept $200 proposal budget for Stage Lighting, Vicki Pounds 2nd, motion carried.
- SAT/SUN, April 29-30: AG FEST - Grange booth at State Fairgrounds, planter help needed.
- SAT, August 12th, AURORA COLONY DAYs: Parade (advertising the Grange).
Treasurer - Bill/Receipts (Dan Keeley):
- Receipts include:
- $200 received from last Renter
- $200 received from last Renter
- $270 deposit from Chaps and Petticoats Square Dance Club
- Expense reimbursement to Dan Keeley was presented to Treasurer:
- Cash & Carry $33.49 - for paper products
- Newberg Steel $268 - materials and welding rods - for fabricating signage frame
- Wolfer's Heating $262.77 - thermostat repair
Clarkes Grange Report: (3 women presentation)
Grange is raising money, approx. $3,000 needed, for Cuddle Cot to be placed at Willamette Falls Hospital.
Currently only two Cuddle Cots exist in Oregon at Salem and Silverton. The hooded basket has a cooling system and regulates body temperature of stillborn baby. Cot is placed in the room with parent and (stillborn) baby, allowing time for grieving parent(s) to feel the loss.
Don Sether's niece lost two babies and he understands the need a grieving parent has to be with the baby.
Don moved Maplewood donate $100 (payable to Clarkes Grange) to the Cuddle Cot fundraiser, Sandy seconded (adding sale of pies could raise additional funds), motion carried (5 votes, no opposed).
Clarkes Grange will host a Spring Bizarre, on MAY 6th, to raise additional Cuddle Cot funds.
INFO: Other volunteers (the Tommy's) are raising funds to place a Cuddle Cot at OHSU.
Clarkes Grange is searching for volunteers with expertise in field (including Legislation field): contact Mark Noah or Dean High.
GOOD to the ORDER:
- POMONA County approached Sarah to fill the County Deputy position - she has accepted the responsibility and has a goal to visit Grangers two-three times/year.
- As Deputy, Sarah reminded Secretary the Quarterly Report had yet to be discussed this meeting and should be placed in the Secretary's Communication agenda.
- The Oregon State Fair (begins August) needed Grange Booth volunteers for sharing of information and Membership encouragement.
- To encourage membership attendance at the State Convention in Florence, Sarah, recommended that Maplewood donate $100 to members attending.
GOOD to the ORDER: (continued)
(Dan Keeley) Judi Aus's husband, Bert, is back home recovering from heart surgery. Secretary to send get-well card to them.
(Leila Dumolt) On May 14th, from 8:00am-1:00pm, Beavercreek Grange will offer a Mother's Day Breakfast and Bazaar.
SECRETARY Quarterly Report (Betty Chipps):
- 1st Quarter Report was given: three meetings in 1st Qtr and presently 19 members. Pending a check for $183 and Master's signature, the report can be submitted timely.
Don Sether moved to accept the 1st Quarter Report, Kathie Femrite seconded, motion passed (7 votes).
OTHER BUSINESS: future dates for GRANGE CALENDAR include:
- 3rd SUN, 9/17/17 (NOT 4th SUN, 9/24/17) - Maplewood hosts "Degree Day" for new members
- 3rd SAT, 9/23/17 - Boring/Damascus Grange hosts "5th Degree Day" (dinner at 6:00pm)
- 4th SUN, 10/22/17 - Maplewood hosts "POMONA" Grange Meeting.
Meeting Adjourned: at 5:42pm with the "Closing of the Grange" by Overseer, and Chaplain gave Blessing.
Next Meeting: Sunday, June 25, 2017.
Betty B. Chipps,