Maplewood Grange #662 general meeting was called to order at 4:35pm by Master, Dan Keeley, on Sunday, August 25, 2019.
Members acting Pro-Temp: Guest(s) present: None Visitation: None
Roll Call (Secretary): ”*” indicates NOT in attendance. ** Absentee Members
Master: Dan Keeley Steward: (vacant)
Overseer: Don Sether * Asst. Steward: Mike Ellis *
Lecturer: Sandy Shew Lady Asst. Steward: (vacant)
Chaplain: Kathie Femrite Gatekeeper: JoAnn Keeley
Secretary: Betty Chipps Pomona: Sandy Shew
Treasurer: Vicki Pounds Ceres: Judi Aus *
Member: John Keeley Flora: (vacant)
Member: Doug Femrite
Member: Laura Ellis *
Member: Ken Fessler * Executive Committee
Members: Jack and Priscilla Weaver (Canby) ** #1 (vacant)
Member: Adin Hester (California) ** #2 JoAnn Keeley
Member: Stacie Bernert (OR City) ** #3 Sandy Shew
Member: Joyce (Olivier) Urnaut (Sandy) **
Note: Resigned Membership: JoAnn Lee (OR City)
***** Members present: 7, Guests: 0, Youth: 0 ***** (Mandatory – Quorum “7”)
(# #) Member providing ‘quorum’ vote via telephone: N/A
Opening “Word of the Day” (from “Dear Abby”): If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put responsibility on their shoulders.
PROPOSALS for MEMBERSHIP (Dan Keeley): None .
MINUTES (Secretary): July 28, 2019 minutes (emailed 8/25/19) were approved as presented.
TREASURER Report (Vicki Pounds)
Checking (as of 7/29/19) beginning balance was $13,491.75, Income totaled $4,527.50 (included OSG Matching Grant Funds $3,022, Rental & Deposit Income $1,340, Dues $115.50 and Clackamas Fair Theme Award $50), paid expenses of $3,298.09 (included Utilities $144.10, Grange Improvement Projects $3,042.99 [West-wall siding and windows], Security deposit refund $100 and Postage Stamps $11)),for an ending balance of $14,721.16.
Dan asked if any comments/corrections, hearing none, Treasurer Report was “filed for audit.”
>>>>> CONNECTING with STATE <<<<<
Oregon State Grange (OSG)
- July 24th Communication from Master OSG, Susan Noah: Matching Grant Application due 9/15/19
- 2ndQuarter (financial) Report - due WED, 7/31…. NEED to APPROVE
- State Fair - Grange LOG CABIN August 24-September 2: volunteers needed - contact Susan Noah @ OSG.
>>>>> CONNECTING - with other Granges <<<<<<
- Clackamas POMONA Grange Meeting: SEPT 28, 2019, Redland Grange Youth Dinner 6:00-6:45pm $5, Lecturer Program & Pie Auction follows with 5th Degree at 8pm.
- SAT, SEPT 28, 2019 Sandy Grange in Boring, Open House 1-4pm (celebrating 110 years), raffle, games, grange history shared and refreshments served.
- Beavercreek Grange Pancake Breakfast, OCT 6th, 8-11am, Adults - $7
- Garfield Grange OCT 26th, 10am Mtg,, Noon - lunch $2, 1:00pm Lecturer’s Prog., with Pumpkin Contest
>>>>> CONNECTING - with Community <<<<<<
- Clackamas County Fair (& Rodeo) - August 13-17, 2019
- Lifeline Screening - Friday, September 27th at Maplewood Grange, 8:00am - Flyer received by Dan.
SECRETARY REPORT (Betty Chipps):
Q2-2019 Quarterly (financial) Report reported three (3) Regular meetings were held in the 3rd Quarter: Membership attendance reported: April had six (6) in attendance, May was nine (7) members and June had six (6) members. We showed NO member dues outstanding, and the Grange 2018 Electronic IRS #990-N (ePostcard) filing was accepted.
The Q2-2019 report reflected the following financial information:
- 18 total members in Q3 developed a payable of $ 202.50,
- $(296.81) LifeTime Memberships credit was applied, for an ending net credit balance of $(94.31).
- An added $1.00 Initiation fee for new member, Doug Femrite (effective 7/1/19), was noted.
Maplewood subordinate Grange Seal was affixed, and Q2 report signed by Master, Dan Keeley - Need to approve.
Don Sether moved to approve 2nd Quarter report, Kathie Femrite seconded, motion carried.
FINISHED BUSINESS (Dan Keeley): West-wall Siding Replacement Project is completed.
UNFINISHED PROJECTS (Dan Keeley):
- Vicki is chairing the Window Sills project: involves scraping, sanding and caulking of the window sills.
- Dan will hook up the furnace to the fuel tank & take care of the storm windows, now that the West wall Siding has been replaced..
COMMUNITY SERVICE (JoAnn Keeley): Thank you, Sandy, for your 50-years of service to the Grange.
Member donations from Keeleys, Sandy Shew, Don Sether and Betty Chipps to School Supply Drive is appreciated.
AGRICULTURE (Dan Keeley): No report
EDUCATION (Dan Keeley):
LECTURER (Sandy Shew): No report
LEGISLATURE (Dan Keeley): No report.
MEMBERSHIP (Betty Chipps): No report
HALL RENTAL (Dan Keeley): Four (4) Rentals are on the Grange Calendar.
- Betty noted Portland Area Council of Sq. & Round Dance (PAC) hosts the OR Federation State meetings:
SAT, SEPT 7th (all-day) Officer/Delegates meet 3-5:30pm, PAC Potluck: bring food by 5pm,
Dance 7pm - 10:15pm (see Flyer), clean-up after & Set-up downstairs for SUN Mtg
SUN, SEPT 8th opens 8:00am, 9am - 12:30pm STATE MEETING and clean-up after
HALL RENTAL (continued)
- SAT, SEPT 21 (Set-up BBQ 3:30pm) - Grange Open House, 5:00-8:00pm
- Dan provided a Flyer for the following event:
OLD BUSINESS (Dan Keeley):
Open House is SEPT 21st - food is planned for 50 (+/-) people. POMONA Grange Master, Ed Luttrell, will present Sandy Shew her 50-year service pin.
NEW BUSINESS (Dan Keeley)
- Treasurer - BILLS and RECEIPTS (Dan Keeley):
Expense reimbursement to Dan of $246,43 (includes Open House exp. $27.60, Service award: 50-yr Pin $25, Supply room door-hinges $6, paper supplies $187.83).
- Dan provided Grange contracts to Vicki confirming future Chaps & Petticoats rentals. Vicki reviewed and asked they be edited as follows: Round Dance rent $25, Mainstream $30, and 1st & 3rd Friday hall rent $60.
- Insurance requires Renters provide liability coverage and name Maplewood Grange as “Additional Insured”
- For 2019 - June 2020 dance season: finish the season - insurance language same as previous year.
- In SEPT 2020 - JUNE 2021 dance season: Additional Insured language for Chaps will be needed.
- SEPT 13-14, Dance Hall Floor to be “refinished.” These steps will need to be taken:
- THURS, SEPT 12: Curtains and Benches covered (after ZUMBA class).
- FRIDAY, SEPT 13: Cancel ZUMBA class!
Vacuum dance floor, next: SAND FLOOR.
- SAT, SEPT 14: First step, vacuum sanded floor. Tackle: Floor Refinish Project!
GOOD TO THE ORDER: (Sick and Distressed)
- Kathie Femrite is having Cataract surgery, as Chaplain, pro-temp volunteer may be necessary at next meeting
- Betty will give Ken and Marie Fessler a phone call and specifically invite them to come to Open House BBQ on SAT, SEPT 21st - would be good to see them!
SUNDAY, SEPT 22, 2019 - Maplewood Grange: “NO” Potluck, Meeting 3:00pm (snacks OK).
Meeting Adjourned: at 5:__ pm by Dan Keeley.
Betty Chipps, Secretary