Members acting Pro-Tem: Steward, Don Sether; Gatekeeper, Vicki Pounds; Chaplain: JoAnn Keeley (opening) and Kathie Femrite (closing).
The following Guest(s) present: (none) Visitation: (none)
Roll Call (Secretary): ”*” indicates NOT in attendance.
Master: Dan Keeley Overseer: Don Sether
Steward: Ken Fessler * Asst. Steward: Mike Ellis * Asst. Steward: Mike Ellis * Chaplain: Laura Ellis *
Lady Asst. Steward: (vacant) Gatekeeper: (vacant)
Lecturer: Sandy Shew Pomona: Sandy Shew
Secretary: Betty Chipps Ceres: Judi Aus *
Treasurer: Vicki Pounds Flora: (vacant)
Member: Kathie Femrite Executive Committee
Member: JoAnn Keeley #1 (vacant
Members: Felipe Gonzalez #2 (vacant
and Katie Gonzalez #3 (vacant)
Member: John Keeley *
***** Roll call has been taken =============================================================================
***** Members present: 9, Guests: 0, Youth: 0 ***** (Mandatory – Quorum “7”)
PROPOSALS for MEMBERSHIP: Betty Chipps invited her neighbors, Bill and Kristy, to come tour the Grange and join in the potluck to meet the members. However, they pre-advised the Holiday season and timing may not permit.
Dan Keeley asked if there were any edits/corrections to the October 22, 2017 minutes presented. Dan requested a minor correction: under Education #2 should read: St Paul - continues to do best well in all three subjects. Given no further edits, the meeting minutes were approved as presented.
BALLOTING - ELECTION OF OFFICERS: see separate attachment for voting results.
Clackamas Pomona #1 (Don Sether)
1. OSG FLYER to 150th Anniversary Gala on SUN, 12/10/17 from 1-4pm at Willamette Heritage House.
2. Warner Grange, "Red Mitten" Christmas Bazaar began today, Thursday, and runs through Sunday, 12/10/17.
3. SUN, January 28, 2018, Learning seminar at Redland Grange: "How to Make the Most of Your Meetings."
4. SUN, February 11, 2018, at Clarkes Grange NOON- 5pm: Sweetheart Breakfast and learning seminar:
"Build Team - Member Recruiting."
NOTE: Oregon State Grange (OSG): DEC 2017/JAN 2018 OSG-Bulletin - mailed directly to membership.
October 18, 2017 Mailings from Susan Noah, Master OSG:
- OSG form to nominate State Officers (due by 1/25/2018) ... must bear your Grange Seal and signatures.
Habitat for Humanity (Dan Keeley): Community-Thank you for NOV 28th Holiday Party/Dinner space.
SECRETARY Report: no additional communication.
TREASURER Report (Vicki Pounds): Checking ending balance is $9,326.60 - email report was circulated.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS (Dan Keeley)
1. Building Siding: Maplewood's OSG Matching Grant application for Siding was not approved in 2017, shall we "re-apply" in 2018? Consensus was YES.
2. Ballroom: Floor oil second coat has been applied and remains tacky. Will hold off till summer - a warmer weather project.
3. FFA Outreach: Dan spoke with St. Paul FFA - no interest or need for community forum. Betty Chipps is to talk with North Marion Schools.
AGRICULTURE (Don Sether): Christmas Tree sales are 1-1/2 times greater than last year.
EDUCATION (Dan Keeley): no report
HALL - Rentals (Dan Keeley): One renter is on the calendar for December 16th. Rental checks will no longer be held till activity date, instead they will be promptly deposited into bank. Cash received on deposit, however, can be held and returned to renter IF hall is in proper order after use.
LEGISLATIVE (Dan Keeley):
1. Grange members are encourage to talk with either Ron Wyden, Jeff Merkley or Susanne Bonamici about the funding program: Secure Rural Schools and Self-Determination (SRS) Act.
INFO: Ron Wyden, Jeff Merkley and Susanne Bonamici, On March 3, 2107, introduced a bipartisan bill in the Senate and House to restore urgently needed federal funding for vital resources in rural counties in Oregon and across the country. The bill will authorize payments to timber-dependent counties for another two years and help fund critical services, including public schools and law enforcement.
2. In past months California fire fighters were called into Oregon to control fire outbreaks ( in Gorge area). Now over 300 Oregon Fire Fighters are assisting California in the Santa Rosa and Napa fires.
LECTURER (Sandy Shew): no report
MEMBERSHIP (Betty Chipps): (none)
Treasurer - Bills/Receipts:
Receipts (Dan Keeley): no report
Expense Reimbursement (Dan Keeley): (Vicki Pounds): $9.80 postage reimbursement (bill mailings)
Garbage Bags: $13.47 Post approval requested and granted.
Entrance Area Rug: 21.87
Toilet Scrubbers (2 ea.) 4.69 Asked: do we want to get a roll (100) of stamps?
Paper Towels 33.49
9/1/17 Circuit Breaker 14.99
JoAnn Keeley moved to pay for all bill reimbursements, Don Sether seconded, motion passed via "voting sign of the order."
NEW BUSINESS (Dan Keeley):
1. Former "Top-O-the-Hill" Restaurant sale: Site proposal is pending for "Recreational Marijuana Sales" business.
Planner's status report informs proposal is allowed in the area.
Grange view is: Site sale zoning should be same as School zone - due to Youth influence provided at Grange.
Don Sether and Betty Chipps to search State County Planner website for rebuttal process.
2. Furnace pump is weak - might be ready for new pump. Dan Keeley will call Dean Edmonds (Molalla Heating contractor) and question if booster can be put on pump.
3. Grotto outing was encouraged for fifth SAT, DEC 30th - Dan suggests early dinner, visit light-gardens and attend Chapel music concerts, including Michael Allen Harrison. Betty Chipps moved to attend the DEC 30th Grotto events beginning with an early dinner, JoAnn Keeley seconded. Don Sether asked about Admission costs; Dan confirmed $11.00 for General Admission. Don Sether amended the motion for Grange Treasury to budget $100 for Grotto Outing, Betty seconded, motion passed via "voting sign of the order."
Keeley's van was offered for car-pooling to the event.
GOOD to the ORDER: Don Sether encourages attending "Red Mitten" Christmas Bizarre at Warner Grange.
Next Meeting: (tentatively SUNDAY, 1/28/17- 6:30pm Potluck, 7:00pm Meeting)
Meeting Adjourned: With "Closing of the Grange" ritual at 8:32pm.