Members acting Pro-Temp: N/A Guest(s) present: None Visitation: None
Roll Call (Secretary): ”*” indicates NOT in attendance. ** Absentee Members
Master: Dan Keeley Steward: (vacant)
Overseer: Don Sether * Asst. Steward: Mike Ellis *
Lecturer: Sandy Shew Lady Asst. Steward: (vacant)
Chaplain: Kathie Femrite Gatekeeper: JoAnn Keeley
Secretary: Betty Chipps Pomona: Sandy Shew
Treasurer: Vicki Pounds Ceres: Judi Aus *
Member: Laura Ellis * Flora: (vacant)
Member: Ken Fessler *
Member: John Keeley * Executive Committee
Members: Jack and Priscilla Weaver (Canby) ** #1 (vacant)
Member: Adin Hester (California) ** #2 JoAnn Keeley
Member: Stacie Bernert (OR City) ** #3 Sandy Shew
Member: Joyce (Olivier) Urnaut (Sandy) **
New Member: Doug Femrite Resigned Membership: JoAnn Lee (OR City)
***** Members present: 7, Guests: 0, Youth: 0 ***** (Mandatory – Quorum “7”)
(# #) Member providing ‘quorum’ vote via telephone: N/A
PROPOSALS for MEMBERSHIP (Dan Keeley): None
June 30, 2019 minutes have been emailed to members. Dan Keeley asked for any corrections or comments on the minutes - hearing none, the minutes stand as presented.
TREASURER Report (Vicki Pounds)
Checking beginning balance (as of 6/30/19) was $13,223.80, Rental & Deposit Income $450, paid expenses totaled $192.05 (included Utilities $156.47, exp. reimbursements $25.58, and Security deposit refund $10), for an ending balance of $13,481.75. Hearing no comments, Treasurer Report was “filed for audit.”
Vicki advised garbage rates are going up $2.17/month.
>>>>> CONNECTING with STATE <<<<<
Oregon State Grange (OSG)
- July 3, 2019 Matching Grant Award Check for $3,022 received (ahead of Grange wall completion)!
- OSG 2ndQuarter (financial) Report (due 7/31) - approval required.
- July 24, 2019 correspondence received from Master, Susan Noah - acknowledged Members that took Degrees during OSG Convention at Molalla High School on Sunday, June 23rd:
- Betty Chipps took the 6th Degree.
>>>>> CONNECTING - with other Granges <<<<<<
Clackamas POMONA Grange
- THUR., June 27, 2019 POMONA Meeting at HARDING Grange, Estacada - Dan Keeley attended.
>>>>> CONNECTING - with Community <<<<<<
Clackamas County Fair (& Rodeo) August 12-17, 2019
- Submitted, Monday, 7/22/19, Grange Booth Entry form and Ck#2072 to Canby Event Center, Ruth Gallaway:
Doug Femrite asked if Grange prepared/served other foods at Clackamas County Fair - were burners and table(s) needed? Answer: no additional foods prepared during either event - only Display Booth folding tables needed.
- AUG 17 - POMONA Cookie Booth (/time: 4-7pm, Volunteers: Dan/JoAnn, Kathie/Doug and Terry/Betty.
- Telephone call from Ann Dickson, Pomona (503) 632-4512 - following-up to letter sent
Collection ends soon: deliver to Jackson School by 8/11, 12th St., OR City
OLD BUSINESS (Dan Keeley):
- Maplewood FLYER: 9/21/19 Open House BBQ, 5-8pm
- List of Other Foods - needed ... Betty will email.
- Grange Hall Water Test - Kitchen Sink: probably “Sump Pump” needs replaced.
- BALLROOM FLOOR SEALING/REFINISH (Dan Keeley): Project on hold till after Siding project (W.wall)
- FOYER TILE FLOOR - Project on hold till Fall.
- EAST-side ROOF Screws - to replace short screws with long,
- GRANGE ENTRY RAMP: Kathie Femrite has paint to apply on ramp railing.
- EXHAUST HOODS for over KITCHEN STOVES (Dan Keeley): Project on-hold.
FINISHED BUSINESS (Dan Keeley):
Siding project (W.wall) expenses totaled $3,042.99 versus Matching Grant funds of $3,022 received = $21 difference, plus Maplewood contributed $22.14/hr labor for 248 man-hours = $5,490.72, our contribution exceeded the match.
Dan will submit the Grant Report to OSG acknowledging completion of the West-wall Siding Project.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS (Dan Keeley):
- JoAnn presented Grange Booth ideas - planning and rules were discussed. Meet August 11th at 9:00AM, to choose a site and set-up the booth.
- Scraping, sanding and caulking work still needed on Grange Hall Windows - sills can be worked from inside the hall.
- Parking Lot Wheel-Bumpers, removed due to splintering from wear, need to be replaced. It is likely the HOP fields will be taking down their poles (approx. 6-8 inch diameter) - and these can be used for the Grange parking lot.. Dan would like a budget amount for projecting maximum expenditure allowed. After cost projection was discussed:
Vicki moved to set $300 total for replacing parking lot bumpers, seconded, motion carried.
AGRICULTURE (Dan Keeley): No report
COMMUNITY SERVICE (JoAnn Keeley):
- School Supplies requested per letter received from Ann Dickensen, POMONA Grange
- JoAnn will deliver donated items to Jackson School in Oregon City.
- 2018 Community Service Report submitted to OSG - quite impressive for Maplewood (includes):
- 4-H Camp School donation of $100
- Boy Scout Rummage Sale and Meeting space donated.
- (Silverton) Square Dance Youth hall donation (Feb, March, April months).
- Rental Housing Maintenance Service meeting donation.
- Zumba daily classes - discounted.
- Grange Open House BBQ - open to the public.
- Hall/Repair Maintenance - labor donated by members/renters..
EDUCATION (Dan Keeley): No report
HALL RENTAL (Dan Keeley):
- Two Rentals on Grange Calendar were “no-shows” - $100 (cash) deposits were retained. Contract needs a cancellation stipulation: require one-month cancellation notice before rental date.
- Upcoming Rentals (Dan Keeley):
“Additional Insured” wording is lacking on the Certificate of Insurance for Maplewood Grange. Betty will work with Marilyn Schmit to correct.
Ed Luttrell, Pomona Master, to attend & present Sandy’s 50-year Pin.
SEPT 7, 2019 (all-day) State Meetings & Potluck and Dance (see State Meeting Flyer)
SEPT 8, 2019 8am open, 9am - 12:30pm STATE MEETING, take down & clean-up till 2:0
LECTURER (Sandy Shew): No report
LEGISLATURE (Dan Keeley): No report
MEMBERSHIP (Betty Chipps):
- Laura (&Mike) Ellis - $90 check (#2906) received for 2019 Grange Membership Renewal
- JoAnn Lee (member of 38 yrs) - resigned (2018-2019) Membership
1. Treasurer - BILLS and RECEIPTS (Dan Keeley):
- Receipts (Betty Chipps): Mt. Hope Farms/Laura Ellis, $40 ck (#1254) received for JULY Kitchen Rental.
- Expense reimbursement: No additional presented.
2. Vicki awaits Chaps and Petticoats contracts from the Grange:
- Beginning September 6, 2019 - June 2019, first Fridays and third Fridays Square Dance nights at $60/night.
Beginning September 15, 2019 each Sunday at the following times::
- Negotiated $25 weekly rental fee for Round Lessons (12 weeks Cha-Cha lessons) 4:00 - 5:30pm
- Confirmed $30 Mainstream Lessons weekly rental fee 5:30pm (set-up) -8:00pm (½ clean-up after),
3. SECRETARY REPORT (Betty Chipps):
Q2-2019, Quarterly (financial) Report (due WED, 7/31/19 to OSG), presented three Regular meetings were held in the 2nd Quarter - Membership attendance in April was six (6) members (with voting quorum obtained by phone polling to John Keeley), May was seven (7) members and June was six (6) members in attendance. There were NO dues unpaid and OSG was advised the IRS Form 990-N (ePostcard) was filed and acceptance was attached to this filing. The Q2-2019 report reflected the following:
- 18 total members in Q2 and “edits” for next Q3 report will net to 18 members as well, reflecting:
- long-time member JoAnn Lee “REQuested membership dropped, and
- a Lifetime Membership credit income of $296.81, less an 18 total Member payable of $202.50, plus a $1.00 Add-member fee, develops a net credit of $93.31 carried forward to 3rd-Quarter Report.
Maplewood Subordinate Grange Seal was affixed and report was signed by Master, Dan Keeley - Need to approve.
GOOD TO THE ORDER:
- Drop off School Supply donation(s) at Clackamas County Fair, Horning Hall on August 11th.
- Oregon State Fair GRANGE BOOTH needs Grange volunteers. Entry/parking tickets are provided for a three-hour shift. Contact OSG to sign-up August 23rd - September 2nd.
SUNDAY, August 25, 2019 - Maplewood Grange: “NO” Potluck, Meeting 4:30pm (snacks OK).
Meeting Adjourned: at 6:05pm by Dan Keeley.