Guest(s) present: (none) Visitation: (none)
Roll Call (Secretary): ”*” indicates NOT in attendance. ** Absentee Members
Master: Dan Keeley Steward: Felipe Gonzalez *
Overseer: Don Sether * Asst. Steward: Mike Ellis * Lecturer: Sandy Shew Lady Asst. Steward: Katie Gonzalez *
Chaplain: Kathie Femrite Gatekeeper: JoAnn Keeley
Secretary: Betty Chipps Pomona: Sandy Shew
Treasurer: Vicki Pounds Ceres: Judi Aus *
Member: Laura Ellis * Flora: (vacant)
Member: John Keeley * Executive Committee
Members: Jack and Priscilla Weaver (Canby ) ** #1 Felipe Gonzalez *
Member: Stacie Bernert (OR City) ** #2 JoAnn Keeley
Member: Adin Hester (California) ** #3 Sandy Shew
Member: Jo Ann Lee (OR City) **
Member: Joyce (Olivier) Urnaut (Sandy) ** >>>> Roll call has been taken =============================================================================
>>>>> Members present: 6, Guests: 0, Youth: 0 >>>> (Mandatory – Quorum “7”)
PROPOSALS for MEMBERSHIP: (none)
Correction to 09/23/18 Minutes:
- TREASURER Report should read: "Ending" (not opening) Balance $9,408.15.
- Under NEW BUSINESS, motion (regarding Sandy's paint sprayer part) should read: "When the bill is turned in,"
Don Sether moved to pay approximately $65 for paint sprayer part, Kathie seconded, motion passed.
National Grange: (none)
Oregon State Grange (OSG): October/November 2018 Bulletin - mailed directly to membership.
- NOV 10th - Deadline for the December-January issue of the Grange Bulletin
- DEC 9th - OSG Open House and Holiday Party! 1-4 p.m. Everyone welcome! 643 Union St NE Salem, 97301
- Friday, 1/11/19 -Deadline for the February-March issue of the Grange Bulletin
- Next OSG Convention is JUNE 22-27, 2019 in Molalla.
Clackamas County - POMONA #1: Newsletter ... available at: http://www.clackamasgrange.org
- Did anyone attend: 10/27/18 POMONA Meeting held 10:00am at Milwaukie Grange? (none)
- Emailed 10/16/18: Warner Gr., "Visitation" postcard request: attend OCT 18 Potluck 6:30, Meeting 7:30pm
SECRETARY Report (Betty Chipps):
Q3-2018 Quarterly Report was given: three Regular meetings were held in the 3rd Quarter. Attendance exceeded the monthly Quorum of seven (7): July was nine (9), August eight (8) and September was nine (9).
OSG was advised Maplewood was current with Oregon Secretary of State - Corporation filing. The Membership List was returned to OSG with 20 members reported and no updates.. Third Quarter dues were $225, Check #2044 was issued, Grange Master and Secretary signatures were placed on the Report and Grange Seal was present.
Note: No Quorum present - payment represents approval.
TREASURER Report (Vicki Pounds):
Opening balance of $9,408.15 was decreased by $1 for Ck#2041 (cleared for $66, written was $65) thus adjusted
opening balance is $9,407.15. Rental Income was $960, less Supplies and Utilities expenses of $676.58 equals an Ending balance of: $9,690.57.
FINISHED BUSINESS (Dan Keeley)
- BUILDING: Outside, East wall has been painted & West-side wall has been patched, both in the same green.
- HALL: (upstairs) windows have new curtains (medium tone powder-blue with designs) - much thanks to Vicki Pounds and Kathie Femrite. Thank you, too, Kathie for the donated lace curtains on the downstairs windows.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS (Dan Keeley)
- BUILDING: East-wall, outside window trim (white) to be painted.
- Grange projects - pending:
AGRICULTURE (Dan Keeley): Controversy exists on how to address Ditch Cleaning of irrigation or drainage ditches on farms. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is taking notice that farms are ignoring the need and are now looking for contractor to do the digging. Up to fifty (50) cubic-yards of material can be removed without need for Core-of-Engineers issuing a permit.
COMMUNITY SERVICE (JoAnn Keeley): OSG Report on community sponsored events at Maplewood Grange, over past three months, includes: Open House (Sept.), Boy Scout meetings (Mondays) and Zumba at-cost rental (Monday-Friday evenings).
As a future community service project, JoAnn asks if there would be interest, in donating items to the Portland Rescue Mission to benefit the homeless? The cold months are coming and there is a need for: socks, coats, blankets, and even hygiene items like: underwear, toothbrushes/toothpaste, etc. YES, Grangers would like to help.
JoAnn will set up a box in the Foyer to collect the donations and communicate with the Boy Scouts, Zumba and other Maplewood renters to stir more interest. Deadline for donations will be DECEMBER 2nd.
EDUCATION (Dan Keeley): Schools' report card has been released. 50% of Middle & High School students missed 10% or greater of their of total days (statistics count home-schoolers as well).
GWA (Grange Worker's Activities) - (JoAnn Keeley): no report.
HALL RENTAL (Dan Keeley): Three Rentals obtained.
- First date is November 3rd:, both floors: Athea Zurita $400 (previously paid $100 deposit).
- & 3. Are 2019-year rentals.
LEGISLATIVE (Dan Keeley):
Dan has subscriptions to Universal Access to Care Work groups in Salem. You, too, can subscribe.
LECTURER (Sandy Shew): no report
MEMBERSHIP (Betty Chipps): no report
VETERANS (Sandy Shew): no report
YOUTH (Betty Chipps): no report
OLD BUSINESS (Dan Keeley):
OSG Building Maintenance Grant has been received in the amount applied for: $3,022 excludes insulation - not applied for). Start date is 12/31/18 and due to be completed within 1 year. A Grant extension of time can be applied for, if needed to complete Siding work.
Lead Testing: A test kit at Ace Hardware costs $13, though it costs $40 to send away for results.
- Vicki did the self-test kit.
1. Treasurer - Bills/Receipts:
Receipts (Dan Keeley): (none)
Expense Reimbursements (Dan Keeley): several expenses totaling: $79.94 ... reimbursement pending approval, includes: Ace two reflectors ($4.57 + 4.59), outside water-spout caps, clean supplies, mop bucket ($69.99 ) and
other misc. $ (.79).
2. (upstairs) Dance Floor project will cost approximately $1,200 for materials. Tabled for discussion next meeting.
GOOD to the ORDER: (none)
Next Meeting: SUNDAY, December 2nd *moves NOV & DEC holiday-conflicting dates to one meeting: 3:30pm Potluck, 4:30pm Meeting.
Meeting Adjourned: at 5:30pm
Betty Chipps, Secretary