Maplewood Grange #662 general meeting was called to order at 3:13pm by Master, Dan Keeley, on Sunday, September 22, 2019.
Members acting Pro-Temp: N/A Guest(s) present: None Visitation: None
Roll Call (Secretary): ”*” indicates NOT in attendance. ** Absentee Members
Master: Dan Keeley Steward: (vacant)
Overseer: Don Sether * Asst. Steward: Mike Ellis *
Lecturer: Sandy Shew Lady Asst. Steward: (vacant)
Chaplain: Kathie Femrite Gatekeeper: JoAnn Keeley
Secretary: Betty Chipps Pomona: Sandy Shew
Treasurer: Vicki Pounds Ceres: Judi Aus *
Member: Doug Femrite Flora: (vacant)
Member: Laura Ellis *
Member: Ken Fessler *
Member: John Keeley * Executive Committee
Members: Jack and Priscilla Weaver (Canby) ** #1 (vacant)
Member: Adin Hester (California) ** #2 JoAnn Keeley
Member: Stacie Bernert (OR City) ** #3 Sandy Shew
Member: Joyce (Olivier) Urnaut (Sandy) **
Note: Resigned Membership: JoAnn Lee (OR City)
***** Members present: 7, Guests: 0, Youth: 0 ***** (Mandatory – Quorum “7”)
(# #) Member providing ‘quorum’ vote via telephone: N/A
PROPOSALS for MEMBERSHIP (Dan Keeley): None - presently. Dan is hopeful that Bill & Cindy Sanford (Chaps and Petticoats dancers) will want to be Grange members.
MINUTES (Secretary): August 25, 2019 minutes - not available.
TREASURER Report (Vicki Pounds)
Checking beginning balance (as of 8/26/19) was $14,721.16, Rental & Deposit Income $620, paid expenses totaled $605.01 (including Utilities $142.58, Open House expenses $52.60, Repair & Supplies reimbursements $193.83. and Security deposit refund $216), for an ending balance of $14,736.15.
- Hearing no comments, Treasurer Report was “filed for audit.”
>>>>> CONNECTING with STATE <<<<<
Oregon State Grange (OSG)
- SEPT 11, 2019 correspondence from Master, Susan Noah: OSG 3rd-Quarter (financial) Report (due 10/31).
>>>>> CONNECTING - with other Granges <<<<<<
Clackamas POMONA Grange
- SAT., SEPT 28, 2019 Sandy Grange in Boring, Open House 1-4pm (celebrating 110 years), raffle, games, grange history shared and refreshments served.
SECRETARY REPORT (Betty Chipps): No additional report
FINISHED BUSINESS (Dan Keeley):
- Siding project (West-wall): Dan has submitted the Matching Grant FINAL Report to OSG signifying
- Dance Floor Refinish - completed: Floor oil sets in layers - should last one year, once fully seasoned.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS (Dan Keeley):
- Grange Hall Window sills still need primer and painting. Don Sether volunteered to prime/paint (this week).
- Dance Hall Bench Floorboards need sanded/painted (will use floor enamel).
AGRICULTURE (Dan Keeley): No report
LECTURER (Sandy Shew): No report
LEGISLATURE (Dan Keeley): No report.
MEMBERSHIP (Betty Chipps): No report
COMMUNITY SERVICE (JoAnn Keeley):
Veteran’s Village new wish list includes winter clothes: find collection box downstairs, behind cupboard.
EDUCATION (Dan Keeley):
Dept. of Agriculture Extension Class included: grower training (Canby area) and worker product standards (on chemicals).
HALL RENTAL (Dan Keeley): Three Rentals are on the Grange Calendar.
OLD BUSINESS (Dan Keeley): (none)
- ELECTIONS of Officers and Standing Committee Chairs will occur at October’s EOM meeting.
- Treasurer - BILLS and RECEIPTS (Dan Keeley):
- Receipts: $50 cash from 9/21/19 Open House BBQ.
- Expense reimbursement to Dan of $1,420.37 (includes Dance Floor refinish costs of 1,357.37, Sandy’s 50-Year service-pin, and Open House (9/21/19) foods ($80 and approx. $28 in door prizes)
GOOD TO THE ORDER:
- Quote: Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage. H.L. Mencken
- ADVERTISING for future Open House events - Dan recommends:
- Announcements in community news and Flyer to include: BBQ - $3/person,
- Circulate announcement to Historical Society, and increase “word of mouth” advertising,
NEXT Meeting: SUN, OCT 27th - Maplewood Grange “NO” Potluck, Meeting Time ______ (to be decided)
Meeting Adjourned: at 3:37 pm by Dan Keeley. Respectfully Submitted,
Betty Chipps, Secretary